Commitment to User Privacy
FinTech Connect is committed to protecting your privacy. You can visit most pages on our site without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request. This document is designed to give a clear explanation of our data processing practices. Please see below for further information or if you have any questions or concerns relating to the site and/or data protection, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Information We Collect & the Primary Purpose for its Collection
The information you provide is being collected by FinTech Connect for the purpose of processing your registration or enquiry. The provision of this information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the information requested, we may be unable to process your registration or enquiry. All information provided by you will be held in the strictest confidence.
The information we collect on our sites includes (however is not limited to):
- Full Name & Job Title
- Company Name & Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Interest Areas & Preferences
How we use your information
We may use the information you give us for the following purposes:
- to register you with our website and to administer our website services.
- to provide you with services and information that you have requested
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer, information and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you with information which we believe will closely match your preferences.
We may keep you informed of such services (including details of shows, special offers, discounts, competitions and newsletters) by using the following methods:
- mobile messaging
If you do not wish to receive information about FinTech Connect’s products, please:
- Tick the opt-out box provided when registering on this website or on printed application forms.
- Let the telephone operator know.
- Click the unsubscribe box when receiving emails from us.
We may from time to time contact you for the purposes of market research for using the contact methods mentioned above.
We may, from time to time release your data to carefully selected third parties for the purposes of marketing.
If you do / do not wish to receive information from third parties, please:
- Tick the opt-out / opt-in boxes provided when registering on this website or on printed application forms.
We value our relationship with you and by requesting information on, or registering / buying tickets to attend FinTech Connect events, you agree that we may use the contact details provided to us for our events as set out above.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may give information about you to the following (who may use it for the same purposes as set out above):
- To our partners and third parties that collaborate with us for an event for which you registered.
- Agents and third parties who fulfil any other services on our behalf (e.g. to administer payments for purchases, despatch tickets and information etc).
- To other delegates (only where you are attending in a professional capacity, e.g. business related events) where it is expected that attendees will have access to a list of attendees and their organisation but not the actual contact details.
- To other organisations for the administration of prize draws, competitions or promotions.
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties with you (for example a sale of the business or the sale of a particular event).
- To carefully selected third parties who rent our lists for marketing purposes.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
We take the security of your information very seriously and we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request (see details below) and payment of a fee (currently £10). If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites. In order to protect you, our customers and us from fraud, we may use and disclose or verify information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, for the purposes of fraud prevention and detection.
How can I get my name removed from a FinTech Connect mailing list?
Each mailing (including by email or mobile messaging) we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe. Please follow unsubscribe instructions or send an email to email@example.com with the word ‘remove’ in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email, and wherever possible specifying the exact mailing that you do not want to receive. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.